Monday, August 13, 2012

Southern Homes Prints

I have been working on this project for quite awhile.  It is finally finished.  I have had these sepia tone prints of old southern homes for probably 10 years. Every time I started to put them up for sell something held me back.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew I would have the perfect idea and place for them.  I finally did, my master bedroom.  As you can see, I have a huge expanse of trimmed out wall behind the bed.  



I started with ten 11x14x1 canvas.  I painted them with the same paint I used on the wall, American Signature Cowboy Suede.  I then distressed them with sandpaper.



 
I measured and marked the placement for the each print.


I brushed each painted canvas with mod podge, placed the print, and modge podged over each again.


 Here are all ten, waiting for the mod podge to dry.


In the meantime I measured ten 14x18 pieces of burlap and spray glued them to ten 12x16 flat canvas. After the mod podge had dried, I stapled each print canvas to a burlap canvas.




Mr. R helped me hang the long (120") curtain rod.  I used strips of burlap looped and stapled to the back of the canvas and hung them from the curtain rod.



The two end pairs where vertical prints and the remaining six where horizontal prints.
 


I think they fill up the area and make a statement in the room.  


The master bedroom is finally coming together.  When I finish the other side of the room I will do a total reveal post.


3 comments:

  1. I love this....what a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHy can't you be my neighbor!?;) LOVE this lady! Thanx for linking up to my party.

    ReplyDelete