Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Family Room Curtains Dilemma

Here was my dilemma!  My family room windows have wonderful woodwork that my husband refused to let me cover with curtains.  I felt they looked bare and unfinished, so what is a girl to do?  Why I go on pinterest of course and look for inspiration for a solution.  Here was what I found:  Curtain Creativity via From My Front Porch To Yours


I thought this would be the perfect solution.  They were simple but elegant, they had a  monogram (which I love) and they would not cover any of the woodwork.  Also, here is the amazing part, I remember seeing a curtain similar at K-mart, yes K-mart!  So I dashed off to K-mart as fast I could keeping my fingers crossed that the curtains were how I remembered them.  When I found them I was pleasantly surprised, I loved the linen like look of the material and the color was perfect.


Next, the stencil, I already had the fabric paint and brush, but I had to cut out my own stencil.  I decided I just wanted our last name monogram.  I ironed and hung the curtains first to mark exactly where I wanted to position the 'R'. 




I allowed the fabric paint to dry for a couple of hours before I hung them because I knew I would have to tie them up and work with them a little to get them just right.


In the meantime I had to cut down and hang some wooden curtain rods I already had. 


Here is the finished product, I know it was a success when Mr. R noticed and complimented them.  I love that the linen like material lets light thru.



The inspiration window and curtain does not have a blind.  Now, my dilemma is whether or not to remove the blinds.  



Join The Party @

2 comments:

  1. So cute and unique. I predict that you may have started a new fad.

    You'll get lots of nice comments if you turn off word verification. It's so hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know how I missed this post but somehow I did! Your curtains turned out beautiful. I am so glad you were inspired by the pic on my blog.

    ReplyDelete